Saturday, December 2nd, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sunday, December 3rd, Noon - 4 p.m.
This re-creation of the holiday's traditions will include tours of the ten-room farmhouse, the authentic log house, eight outbuildings, and the one-room Dewey School. Hand-crafted greens, home-made baked goods, and gift items will be available for purchase. Free refreshments and live music will be among the offerings for this homespun weekend. Please join us!!
- At the farmstead, natural decorations of dried herbs, spices, flowers, nuts, cedar and pine will set the scene in the 10-room farmhouse, where costumed guides will recount the activities that would have been taking place in each room at
- Singers and musicians perform traditional holiday melodies.
- The savory scents of the season will fill the air as dinner is prepared in the warm farm kitchen, reviving memories of the folks who once occupied this historic farmstead.
- Visitors will also be welcomed into the log house, which will be decorated as it would have been in the 1840's, before the family moved into the farmhouse.
- The Gift Shop will offer items for sale to fill stockings and remind us for former lifestyles-books, handmade toys, soaps, candles, and other wonderful things.
- Baked goods, jams, jellies, and other tempting treats will also be available.
- Wreaths, swags, and table centerpieces made of fresh greenery will be available for purchase in the Ice House.
- Be sure to visit the blacksmith working at the forge.
- The Waterloo Area Historical Society's Dewey School Museum will be open for tours and decorated for the season.
- It will serve as the setting for a traditional Christmas program as well. The schoolhouse is located a short drive away on Territorial Rd., about ¾ mile west of Parks Rd. Maps will be available at the farm.
Admission to the Waterloo Farm Museum grounds for this event is $5 for adults and $2 for children aged 5-12. There is no admission charge for children under 5 and members of the Waterloo Area Historical Society. Admission includes a guided tour of the ten-room farmhouse.